Thursday, October 16, 2008

The cow says mooooo!

So, Ryley has been doing so good with his speech therapy lately and we are seeing him try to use a lot of words now. If you ask him what the cow says, he'll say "mmmmmmmmm". He hasn't quite mastered the "o" part yet b/c of the muscles in his upper lip. He'll also "meow" for the cat and "woof" for the dog. Now, everytime he sees a dog he starts "woofing" lol It's so adorable! We were in Target trying to check out and there was a big picture on the wall of a dog and he was woofing and pointing at the dog. lol. You can also point things out to him and tell him to go get it. He's beginning to understand a lot more words and hopefully will be saying them soon.

He also loves to watch his Baby Einstein dvd's. We have about 10! He likes cartoons on tv as well. Mostly just Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, and Sesame Street - especially ELMO! He LOVES to read and I swear I read some books at least 20 times a day. He already has an extensive library!

We have a large bag of Mega Blocks that he's been obsessed with lately. He loves to watch you build something and then he wants to tear it down. Ryley also LOVES to take daily walks in the park behind our house. He stops and picks grass and flowers. He points to the planes that fly by overhead and also acknowledges the sound of the train.

He's growing so fast I can't believe it! I really miss him being a little cuddle baby, but I do have to admit that it is really fun to be able to interact with him more now.

1 comment:

The Teacup Cottage said...

I'm so glad his progress is improving so fast. That's sounds so cute that he "speaks" to cats and dogs. I'm sure my pup would just turn his head sideways and then look at us for guidance. The reading will help a lot. There is a cute book at www.teawithgrace.com that is about manners, there's one for boys, my cousins loved them when we gave them to them for their birthdays. If you want I can give you the military discount code.